Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Yanny and Laurel

Yanny Or Laurel


Hey bloggers how are you today  this week we are learning about Yanny and laurel and explaining it. but first I want you to go click on the link  and see what you hear Yanny or laurel ? LINK. It is quite cool see what  your family hears too.  

The Yanny and laurel video is what we are discovering ,yet it is not an illusion but it is ambiguous. Ambiguous means that the answer is not clear. The input can be organised in two alternative ways.

The secret is frequency. The acoustic information that makes us hear Yanny is higher frequency than the acoustic information that makes us hear Laurel.

Older adults tend to start losing their hearing (or when kids listen to heavy music) at the higher frequency ranges, which could explain why you might only hear Laurel And everyone else hears Yanny.

It's a phenomenon you can mimic on a computer. If you remove all the low frequencies you hear Yanny. If you remove the high frequencies you hear Laurel. I was able to hear both but you should put the device near you ear and listen and do the same but put the computer further away from your head see if you hear a different sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.